To END HUNGER in South Australia
Provide the welfare sector of South Australia with healthy, nutritious and affordable food to meet the requirements of their emergency hunger relief programs.
- Is an Umbrella Charity to 750 other charities, welfare groups, soup kitchens and school breakfast programs.
- Runs as a Social Enterprise in sourcing and distributing healthy pantry food, to groups working with the disadvantaged.
- Is a Voice for those experiencing hunger in South Australia.
- Actively contributes to a better environment through ongoing Food Rescue and Recycling.
- Harnesses the power of Collective Impact to address the wider issue of hunger.
- Aims to be an Agent of Social Change in the long term.
In 2012/13 Foodbank SA:
- distributed 1.5million kilograms of food
- with a retail value of $7.5million (thus a saving to the welfare sector of $5.7million)
- which we estimate assisted over 140,000 people in South Australia
- by distributing enough food for 3 million meals
The Board and Background
Governance is an important part of the reason why Foodbank SA, and other Foodbanks across Australia, have been successful in delivering the service that is at the core of our purpose.
Stephen Gerlach AM - Chairman
Chancellor Flinders University
Former Chairman of Santos and Elders
Simon Schrapel - Vice Chairman
Chief Executive, Uniting Communities
President, ACOSS (Australian Council for Social Services)
John Hood - Treasurer, Chair of Finance Committee
Senior Partner, Deloitte Private Pty Ltd
Richard Pagliaro - CEO
Background in Logistics and IT working in the commercial sector
Allison Giotis - Board Member
Private Wealth Director, ANZ Private
Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Limited
The Hon. Dean Brown AO - Board Member
Former Premier, South Australia
Ray Tanner - Chair of Operations Committee
Chairman, Oomiak Industrial Refrigeration
Immediate past CEO, Swire Cold Storage Ltd
Background in cold storage, food and warehousing
Brian Leckie - Operations Committee, Chair of Riverland Foodbank Committee
Ex-Chairman, Food SA; Food production and business consultant; many years involved with Berri Fruit Juice
Business consultant - horticultural sector specialist
Peter Joy - Chair of Marketing Committee
Principal & Strategy Director, JAM
Former Vice Chairman of SA Great